Strong flour (100%) 600g
Sugar (6.5%) 39g
Instant Dry Yeast (1%) 6g
Salt (1.8%) 11g
Water (57%) 342g
(Total weight: 998g to make about 10 bagels)
The Product used:
Before preparing the dough, be sure to start preheating PF102W at 35℃.
If you are not sure how to use PF102W, please check our YouTube video first.
Since the bagel dough should be baked immediately after boiling it, make sure the oven is preheated to 220℃.
- Combine the dough ingredients and knead until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces. (about 100g per piece)
Cover the dough with a wet cloth and rest it for 15 minutes. (Bench rest time)
- Roll out each dough lengthwise into 15cm long. Fold it back 1/3 and let the ends overlap by about 2 cm. When overlapping, one end should be spread to cover the other end.
- Place the shaped dough into PF102W and proof it at 35℃ for 30 minutes.
- While proofing, prepare the pot with hot water with white sugar so that the dough can be boiled after proofing.
- Once proofed, boil the dough for about 40 seconds ~ 1 minute.
- Bake at 190℃ for 15-18 minutes.
* Depending on the type of oven, time and temperature will differ.
- Add flavor as you like and enjoy!